Jeremy Glenn’s track New Life became the soundtrack of the summer for many around the globe including us and as the Toronto-based artist and producer prepares for the New Year, he found the time to create an outstanding exclusive mix for us.
Have a listen, download it and read some words from the Gentleman below.
Jeremy Glenn // Mahogany Mix 004
1) Parkway Rhythm – Working Girl (Club Dub)
2) Laberge – White Lies
3) Moon Boots – Gopher It
4) Toomy Disco – Disco Lights (Original Mix)
5) Foster The People – Helena Beat (SWIM Remix)
6) Cyclist – Bass Face (Hemingway’s Space Party Remix)
7) Holy Ghost – Hold My Breath (Tiger and Woods Remix)
8 ) HEKO – Animal (Wildstyle version)
9) Crazy P – Open For Service (Hot Toddy Remix)
10) Alexis Raphael – Kitchens and Bathrooms (Richy Ahmed vs. Volante Mix)
11) Maxxi Soundsystem – Get Down (Danny Daze Spinin Out Remix)
12) Jeremy Glenn – Party Time
13) Osunlade – Mama’s Groove (Jimpster Slipped Disc Mix)
14) Jonas Rathsman – Love is My Middle Name
1. Tell us a bit about the Mahogany Mix
Initially, I had no real theme for this mix per say but after listening to it quite a bit, I’d say there’s a heavy New York vibe that comes through. NY is responsible for so much great disco and funk music and I think that disco but particularly funk is always at the heart of what I do.
2. What’s your most treasured piece of studio equipment
It might seem simple but I love my MicroKorg. I say “my” but in reality it’s really my friends that I have on a kind of indefinite loan (I hope!). It’s just a fantastic machine; very diverse and easy to create great sounds from. It’s also super compact which makes is great for live shows.
3. What’s next for Jeremy Glenn?
I’m currently working on a bunch of disco edits/remixes (one of which is featured in this mix!) in addition to a first EP with my other project The MAKEOVER and working on a few remixes and collaborations here and there. Look for new collaborations with Mario Basanov and MANIK out soon.